Last updated October 5, 2020
In March, Turing School’s leadership team made the decision to protect and promote the wellbeing of our students, staff, and greater community by moving our in-person program fully online during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
Turing School will definitely run all events and daily classes online and remote-first through April 30, 2021. Students who join the February or March 2021 cohorts that start remote-first will have the opportunity to complete the full program online.
As the situation continues to evolve, we will share the decision to resume in-person operations in May 2021 considering our campus setup, recommendations from the local and state government, and the safety of our students and staff.
What is Turing’s online program like?
We are committed to ensuring our students get the best possible technical education that leads to a high-fulfillment career.
Our team of instructors, support staff, and alumni volunteers are hard at work to deliver these quality outcomes. Their outpouring of support and passion for helping current students is touching, but not unexpected, as community is key to our culture here at Turing.
Students enrolled at Turing while it is online can expect:
- Daily instructor-led and feedback-driven classes via Zoom, Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. MDT. If you are interested in viewing a recording of a class or shadowing a day in the life, email email@example.com.
- 1:1 support on navigating your Turing journey and job search from an assigned alumni mentor or a career specialist from our career services team.
- Opportunities to connect with fellow Turing students, staff and alumni outside of technical class time through networking programs, Gear-Ups, and student led groups.
- Repeat fees are waived. Any student who needs to repeat a Module while we are online will be able to do so free of charge.
Check out projects that Turing students worked on with fully remote teams.
Will I still be able to get a job after Turing?
We recognize that right now is an unsettling time to be job searching. The good news is that outside of an initial slump of hiring freezes back in March, we are still seeing our grads find great jobs in the industry.
Upon graduating from Turing we offer support from our career services team for as long as you are an active job seeker.
In addition to our existing support, our partnership and career services teams are acting now to create solutions for our students who will be launching their careers amid an economic downturn, including partnerships with local and national companies and a paid fellowship program for recent Turing grads.
Read more about the Turing+ program experience in our FAQ and the Denver Business Journal.
We understand that everyone is navigating their own personal and challenging situation during this time. Our team is here to help:
- If you are a currently enrolled student and have questions about the program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are a prospective student interested in attending Turing and have questions, please email email@example.com.
- If you are interested in or have signed up for a Try Coding event and have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are a company interested in hiring talent or partnering with us, email email@example.com.